Who are LAMRA?
LAMRA – Life Assurance and Market Research Association – is a cross-company organisation representing Life Assurance providers within the context of market research and information exchange. It includes members from Lloyds Banking Group, Prudential, Aegon, Zurich, Standard Life, Royal London, Friends Life, AXA, Just Retirement, NFU Mutual and Old Mutual Wealth.
What problem did we solve?
LAMRA was using a membership website built on php which had become limited in its functionality and was no longer 'fit for purpose':
- The website had 'aged' - it had not been updated so no longer worked as it should and it was not simple to use;
- it was difficult to navigate around;
- It also had no 'design quailities' to it - e.g. space to allow the content to 'breathe' with an uncluttered layout and attractive images - so was not appealing to its audience;
- It could not be updated by LAMRA e.g. with recent and upcoming meetings and agendas, and with the minutes and speaker presentations from past meetings.
Wysiweb was approached to provide LAMRA with an updated membership site which addressed and effectively resolved these issues.
What was the outcome?
lamra.com - a website that:
- represents LAMRA professionally;
- appeals to its members through deployment of key design tenets, clear structure and simple navigation, and comprehensive membership functionality;
- promotes its usage;
- clearly articulates the benefits of membership to its audience; and
- can easily be updated by LAMRA administrators.
This website was developed in WordPress and it utilises bbPress to provide the community forum required for their membership section.
What did the client think of the solution?
Upon completion of the project, Andrew Cole the Chairman of LAMRA said:
"We engaged Wysiweb to re-design and build a new website for us as our previous website was outdated and not representing our organisation externally as we would like.
Our member organisations include Prudential, Standard Life, Aegon, Axa, Lloyds Banking Group and Zurich amongst others. It was therefore important to provide a sharp, professional-looking portal to our association.
We had no website design background and therefore were really grateful for Wysiweb's expertise and guidance. They partnered us every step of the way throughout the process.
As we are a member association, an important part of the website build was a members' forum to encourage communication between our members across organisations. This functionality was achieved effectively using bbPress on WordPress.
The process was quick and simple and we now have a professional looking website that has already helped us to attract new member organisations.
I would highly recommend Wysiweb as a website partner provider."
Snapshots of the LAMRA website pages and headers are shown below.
Alternatively you can visit their website at lamra.com.