Who are Pennine Radio Ltd?
Pennine Radio Ltd - PRL - is a manufacturing company based in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire. It was founded in 1958 so has now been operating for well over fifty years. It is known as 'the Home of British bespoke quality manufacturing' which focuses on the production of single-seater golf carts; sheet metal work; transformers; electronic printed circuit boards (PCB's); electrical and electronic assembly; and, fibe optic lighting systems. For more information, go to PRL's About Us page.
What problem did we solve?
PRL was using an old website that had been built in-house about 16 or 17 years ago:
- The structure and design of the website had not been updated since it was first built, a number of years ago.
- It had been built without any thought given to its design, therefore it was not attractive and appealing to its visitors.
- it was difficult to navigate around, and there were a number of broken links on the website.
- Only one person in the company could update the website. No-one else in the company was able to modify the content.
- Therefore its information was often out-of-date as it was not updated on a regular basis.
- No thought had been given to SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) when the website was built.
- In a nutshell, the poor design, structure, lack of on-page optimisation, and often not up-to-date content meant that no new business was being generated online.
- This presented itself as a huge opportunity to capture new online business, both local to the UK and worldwide, as this is currently an untapped market.
PRL approached Wysiweb to engineer a website solution that would acquire new visitors and encourage them to stay on the website, and so take action to get in contact with them - thereby acquiring new visitors online, currently a missed source of revenue.
It was also important that anyone could update the information on the website quickly and easily.
What was the outcome?
prl.co.uk - a website that:
- is modern and well-designed;
- it is always up-to-date with current information due to PRL administrators being able to easily update the CMS (Content Management System);
- it therefore represents PRL professionally;
- it appeals to its visitors because of its fresh design, its simple navigation structure.
This website was developed in WordPress.
What did the client think of the solution?
Upon completion of the project, James Taylor, the managing director of the company said:
"We engaged Wysiweb to develop our new website as we knew how thorough they were in their work, and that no stone would be left unturned. I knew through word-of-mouth how much they pay attention to detail in every aspect of their work. I also knew that that they are competent in writing content, particularly with regards to on-page optimisation.
We did not have the time to optimise the content ourselves. We therefore provided Wysiweb with the core content and asked them to re-write it so that it was primarily, easy to read by our target audience, and secondly, it would get the 'green lights' from SEO Yoast (an SEO plugin) so that Google and other search engines would like the way it is written. This was important to engage our target audience and to ensure that we would turn up on the first page of the search results for relevant search terms - which indeed we now do.
It was also key for us to have a website that was appealing to our target audience as we were not acquiring any business online with our old website. We wanted a clean, well-designed website that was appropriate for a manufacturing company. We were determined to use all our own images rather than stock photos to ensure that our site was authentic and unique. We took a large selection of photographs and employed Wysiweb to select and modify these images appropriately for use across the website.
The website also had to be very easy to navigate with a number of calls to action throughout the site. We particularly like the use of the floating 'Speak to Us' call-to-action icon that can be seen at all times. We also wanted people to be able to share each page of our website across the four main social media channels.
Of course, it was very important for us to be able to keep the website current with up-to-date content. I am very pleased with how easy it is to do this on the recommended WordPress Content Management System. The training on WordPress delivered to us by Wysiweb was clear and comprehensive. And I know that if I ever get stuck with anything, Wysiweb are just a phone call away and are more than happy to help at anytime.
Our new website has been in place a year now, and I am delighted with the amount of new business that we have generated from it. It is something that we should have addressed years ago but as the saying goes, it is so easy to become absorbed working 'in the business rather than on the business'.
We are delighted with our choice of website provider. We got exactly what we wanted, and Wysiweb were instrumental in helping us to make these decisions with their recommendations. Their experience and application of SEO has proved to be invaluable to us. I would have no hesitation in recommending Wysiweb as a trusted, comporehensive and competent website provider."
Snapshots of the PRL website pages are shown below.
Alternatively you can visit their website at prl.co.uk.